Thai Pineapple and Chicken
A deliciously sweet and savory dish featuring chicken, fresh pineapple and red bell peppers.
- • 4 cups cooked brown rice (regular or instant)
- • 2 Tbsp peanut or canola oil, divided
- • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 Del Monte® red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- • 1 medium Del Monte® onion, cut into chunks
- • 2 cups cut broccoli florets and stems
- • 2 cups fresh Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet pineapple chunks
- • 1 fresh lime, divided
- • 1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- • 2 Tbsp Thai chili sauce
- • ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet.
- Add cubed chicken, stir fry 4-5 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil.
- Add garlic and cook one minute.
- Add bell pepper, onion and broccoli; cook 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple; cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and stir in juice from ½ lime, fish sauce, chili sauce and cilantro.
- Cook 1 more minute.
- Serve over brown rice with lime wedges.
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/