Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Rosé Sauce and Shrimp
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Del Monte® Zucchini Noodles
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers (jarred or fresh)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 lb large deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Blend together tomato sauce, roasted red peppers, onion, half of the garlic, and half of the salt and pepper in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet set over medium heat; add tomato sauce mixture and cream. Bring to simmer; add zucchini noodles and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with remaining salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in separate skillet set over medium heat; cook shrimp, remaining garlic and hot pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Divide zucchini noodles and sauce evenly among serving plates. Top with shrimp and garnish with parsley.
- • For a shortcut, use a prepared red pepper sauce for the zucchini noodles.
- • Top with sliced grilled or roasted chicken instead of shrimp if desired.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/