Zucchini Noodle Caprese Bake
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Del Monte® Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh mozzarella cheese ball (about 4 oz), sliced
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Preheat broiler to high. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp water. Add cornstarch mixture, cream, pesto and salt to skillet; bring to simmer. Add zucchini noodles and toss to coat. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until zucchini begins to soften and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add cherry tomatoes and toss well. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes have softened; remove from heat.
- Layer mozzarella slices over top. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted.
- Garnish with torn basil leaves.
- • Add sliced black olives, capers or chopped anchovies if desired.
- • Garnish with pine nuts if desired.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/