Tex-Mex Sweet Potato Noodle Skillet
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Del Monte® Sweet Potato Noodles
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 can (19 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato salsa (mild or medium)
- 1 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) light cream cheese, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook sweet potato noodles for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; cook onion, garlic and jalapeño for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and tender. Add chicken; cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add beans, corn, chicken broth, salsa and Tex-Mex seasoning; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in sweet potato noodles. Garnish with green onions.
- • For a vegetarian option, use cubed firm tofu in place of chicken, and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- • Replace Del Monte® Sweet Potato Noodles with Del Monte® Butternut Squash Noodles if desired.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/