Tangy Pineapple Chicken Rice Bowls
- 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cut into ¾” chunks
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ½ cup preferred barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from Del MonteⓇ Limes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups ¾” pineapple chunks from 1 Del MonteⓇ Pineapple
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- Cooked white rice
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped green onion
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add bell pepper and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened, about 1 minute more. Stir in pineapple and cashews.
- To serve, divide rice between bowls and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/