Spicy Salmon Burgers with Avocado Ranch
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Avocado, pitted and scooped from the shell
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from Del MonteⓇ Limes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ pounds salmon, bones and skin removed, divided
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- In a blender combine avocado, cilantro, buttermilk, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Blend until completely smooth. If needed, add a little more buttermilk to obtain a thick but pourable consistency. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine about ¼ of the salmon, breadcrumbs, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Process until mixture forms a smooth paste. Add remaining salmon, jalapeños, cilantro, and green onion. Pulse until salmon and vegetables are finely chopped but not a paste.
- Form salmon mixture into 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers and cook, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes (internal temperature should reach 145℉).
- Serve burgers on buns, topped with avocado ranch and lettuce.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/