Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (about 4 pounds)
- 2 cups pineapple cubes from 1 Del MonteⓇ Pineapple
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 bag Mann’sⓇ Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 10 hamburger buns
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and chili powder. Rub mixture all over pork.
- In a blender combine pineapple and soy sauce and blend until smooth.
- Add onions and pineapple-soy mixture to a slow cooker on low heat. Place pork in slow cooker, cover, and cook until very tender, 6 to 8 hours (time will vary depending on the slow cooker). The meat should be fork tender.
- Shred pork, removing and discarding excess fat.
- Pour 1 cup of the juices and the onions from slow cooker into a blender and add ketchup and 3 tablespoons vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- Toss shredded pork with pineapple-ketchup sauce to taste.
- When ready to serve pork, in a large bowl whisk to combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, mayonnaise, and salt. Add cole slaw and toss to coat.
- Serve pork with slaw, buns, and any remaining sauce.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/