Rotisserie Chicken Burritos
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1½ cups Del MonteⓇ Bon Bon Tomatoes, divided
- 2 Del MonteⓇ Red Bell Peppers, sliced into ¼“ strips
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Avocado, or more for multiple day meals
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of ½ Del MonteⓇ Lime
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas for burritos, or 1 bag tortilla chips for nachos
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, salsa, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Take off heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet toss 1 cup tomatoes, peppers, and onion with oil, chili powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Bake 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are charred and cooked through.
- Finely chop remaining ½ cup tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado, garlic, and lime juice. Fold in tomatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve as a burrito: Spread ½ cup rice down the middle of a flour tortilla, top with ½ cup chicken, roasted vegetables, cheese, and guacamole. Fold in sides of tortilla then roll up.
- To serve as a bowl: Layer rice, vegetables, and chicken. Top with cheese and guacamole.
- To serve as nachos: In an ovenproof dish, layer tortilla chips, chicken, and vegetables.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/