Roasted Pepper and Orzo Soup
- 3 Del MonteⓇ Red Bell Peppers
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 8oz hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Del MonteⓇ Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1¼ cups orzo
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- One 5oz container baby spinach
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat the broiler. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place peppers on it. Broil peppers, turning occasionally, until blackened all over. Transfer peppers to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let steam until peppers are cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Peel and discard blackened skin from peppers. Discard seeds and stem. Place pepper flesh in a blender and add 2 cups chicken broth. Blend until completely smooth.
- While peppers roast and steam, in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown sausage, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add tomatoes, orzo, blended pepper mixture, and remaining chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until orzo is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve garnished with parsley.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/