Quinoa Veggie Bites with Avocado Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup Del MonteⓇ Pre-Cut Broccoli Florets, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 5 large eggs, well beaten
- ½ Del MonteⓇ Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar (4oz)
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Avocado, pitted and diced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from Del MonteⓇ Limes
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, broccoli, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently until tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let stand off heat for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir quinoa mixture into eggs, then add bell pepper and Cheddar. Spoon mixture into muffin tin, filling cups to the brim.
- Bake until eggs are set, 10-12 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then use a small offset spatula or butter knife to remove bites from tin.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Blend or process until completely smooth, adding water as needed to reach a thick saucelike consistency, 4-6 tablespoons.
- Serve veggie bites with avocado sauce.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/