Pineapple-Marinated Steak with Avocado Chimichurri
- 1½ cups Del MonteⓇ Pineapple chunks
- ½ Del MonteⓇ Onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- ¼ cup lime juice from Del MonteⓇ Limes
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ pounds skirt or flank steak
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Avocado, pitted and finely diced
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup minced Del MonteⓇ Onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a blender combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, tamari or soy sauce, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place steak in a zip-top bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, making sure steak is evenly coated. Place bag in a bowl in the refrigerator and marinate 2-5 hours (no longer or pineapple will negatively affect texture of steak).
- Just before grilling steak, prepare chimichurri. In a medium bowl stir to combine avocado, cilantro, oil, vinegar, onion, and garlic. Add salt to taste and set aside.
- Prepare a hot grill fire, preheat a gas grill on high heat for 10 minutes, or preheat an indoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Remove steak from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Grill steak, turning once, until well browned on both sides and cooked to desired degree of doneness (130-135℉ for medium-rare, 140℉ for medium, or 145-155℉ for well done). Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain.
- Serve steak with avocado chimichurri.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/