Pineapple Lime Steak Tacos
Smoky barbecue sauce adds rich flavor to this simple steak marinade turned taco sauce.
- 1 Bottle (12 fl oz) Del Monte® Pure Earth™ 100% Pineapple Lime Juice
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1½ Lb flank steak
- 8 Corn tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- ¼ Cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 Cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 Del Monte® avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 Cup crumbled feta
- ¼ Cup finely sliced red onion
- Lime wedges
- Whisk juice with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, canola oil, chili powder, honey and salt. Reserve 1/3 cup. Pour remaining mixture into a re-sealable bag. Add steak, marinate and refrigerated for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grill well. Remove steak from marinade, shaking off excess. Discard marinade and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until medium-rare. Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved mixture and barbecue sauce and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat until thickened.
- Divide steak slices between tortillas and garnish with barbecue sauce mixture, cabbage, avocado, feta and red onion. Serve with lime wedges.
- Tip: For a spicier taco, serve with fresh slices of jalapeno.
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/