Pineapple-Glazed Pork Loin
- 1 Del MonteⓇ pineapple, trimmed and cored
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
- One 3- to 4-pound pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Cut enough of the pineapple into ½” cubes to equal 2 cups. Cut remaining pineapple into rings and set aside.
- In a blender combine pineapple cubes, brown sugar, lemon juice, paprika, ginger, and garlic. Blend until smooth and transfer to a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (such as cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Season pork roast with salt. When oil shimmers, add the roast and brown, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
- Lightly brush roast with pineapple glaze and transfer skillet to the oven. Bake, brushing the roast with more glaze every 15 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145℉, about 45 minutes.
- After pork has been in the oven for 25 minutes, place pineapple rings on a lightly oiled baking sheet and brush with glaze. Roast until browned, about 20 minutes.
- When roast is done, transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve pork with the roasted pineapple slices.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/