Grilled Pineapple Ginger Glazed Chicken with Zucchini and Peppers
This easy glaze with Del Monte® Pure Earth™ 100% Pineapple Juice adds bright and zingy flavors to everyday barbecued chicken.
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ Tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 Zucchini, trimmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 Orange pepper, quartered and seeded
- 8 Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet pineapple spears (about 30 g each) 2 ½ x 1 ¼ -inch
- 1 Green onion, sliced
- 12 fl oz 100% Pineapple Juice
- ¼ Cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grill well. Toss chicken breast with oil, salt and pepper.
- Pineapple Ginger Glaze: Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and mustard in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; boil for about 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Grill chicken, for 2 minutes per side or until grill-marked. Continue to grill, basting and turning with Pineapple Ginger Glaze, for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through. Grill zucchini, red pepper, orange pepper and pineapple spears, basting with Pineapple Ginger Glaze, for 3 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked and tender.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and pineapple. Garnish with green onions.
- Tip: Serve over steamed brown rice.
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/