Pineapple-Chipotle Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ red onion, very finely chopped
- ¼ Del MonteⓇ Red Bell Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from can
- 1 cup pineapple cubes, from 1 Del MonteⓇ Pineapple
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, cumin, and salt. Use your hands to mix together just until mixture is homogeneous. Do not overmix.
- Measure out turkey mixture in level tablespoonfuls, and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet. Bake until internal temperature reaches 165℉, about 15 minutes.
- While meatballs cook, prepare the glaze. In a blender combine honey, chipotles and adobo sauce, and pineapple. Blend until smooth and transfer to a small saucepan. Heat, stirring over medium-low heat, until mixture just comes to a simmer and is smooth and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Remove meatballs from oven and increase oven temperature to broil. Brush meatballs with glaze and return to oven until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Serve meatballs on top of a grain bowl, in burritos, or in a quick noodle soup.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/