Pineapple Chicken Stir-fry
The sweet notes from the fresh pineapple are a wonderful complement to the savory chicken and vegetables.
- 1½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 Cup onion, sliced
- 1 Cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Cup green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 Cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 Teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 Cups hot cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Cook chicken in oil until golden brown. Add onion and peppers.
- Cook until crisp-tender, stirring often.
- Mix broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add broth mixture, pineapple and water chestnuts to skillet.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbling, stirring constantly. Serve over rice.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/