Pineapple and Chicken Skewers
- 16 ounces of chicken breast
- 1 Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple, cored and sliced into chunks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine chicken and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a resealable plastic bag; seal and gently shake until well coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan to a medium high heat.
- Thread the pineapple, chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers then place them on the grill pan, turning every four minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Pour lime juice, sugar and ginger into a large saucepan and boil over high heat until reduced.
- Remove sauce from heat. Serve the skewers with brown rice, pour the sauce over the dish and enjoy!
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/