Mini Piña Colada Muffins with Coconut Streusel
Using juice in these muffins adds flavor and keeps them moist. For a dairy-free option, use vegetable oil instead of melted butter.
- 1½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup large flaked oats
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp salt
- 1 Cup Pineapple, Banana & Coconut Juice
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter, melted or vegetable oil
- ½ Cup unsweetened desiccated coconut, divided
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk flour with oats, granulated sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt until well combined; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk juice, egg, lime zest and vanilla until blended. Stir in melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in 1/3 cup desiccated coconut. Scoop into muffin cups. Toss remaining coconut with brown sugar until combined. Sprinkle evenly over top of each muffin.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/