Peanut Butter and Banana Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe Del MonteⓇ Bananas, divided
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preferred vegetable oil, for cooking
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl, mash 2 bananas. Whisk in milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and whisk just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. The batter should be thick yet pourable.
- Slice remaining 2 bananas and set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease a paper towel with oil and use it to brush the pan. Use a ¼ cup measure to pour batter onto the skillet. Scatter 4 slices of banana onto the surface of each pancake.
- Cook until small bubbles appear on top and the undersides are golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the second side, about 1 minute more. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm topped with peanut butter and maple syrup.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/