Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
- ½ Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple, cored and sliced
- ½ Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple, juiced
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- In small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1½ teaspoons butter mixture into each muffin cup. Top each with a pineapple slice. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of pineapple pieces. Spoon ¼ cup batter into each cup.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen; invert onto cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/