Mann’s RomaBlend™ Del Monte® Watermelon Salad with Pickled Red Onions, Feta & Mint
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 8 chiles de arbol
- 3 cups water
- 3 red onions, sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups cubed Del Monte® watermelon
- 1 cup Del Monte® tomatoes, halved
- 4 springs fresh mint, torn
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- 1 ounce lime vinaigrette
- 2 cups Mann’s RomaBlend™ salad greens
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 ounce vin cotto
- In a non-reactive pan, combine the first six ingredients in the pickled onions portion. Simmer until the sugar & salt dissolve. Remove from the heat, & add the cold water. You now have your picking brine.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced onions. Pour the pickling brine over them & stir to combine.
- Cover & chill for 24 hours. The onions will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the oils.
- While whisking, slowly add the oils in a slow stream until emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first five ingredients & toss to combine.
- On a plate or shallow pasta bowl, place the RomaBlend™ at the base. Arrange the Del Monte® watermelon salad on top of the greens, and sprinkle the feta on top. Drizzle vin cotto over the salad in a zig-zag motion.
- Repeat with the remaining plates & serve immediately.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/