Kalua Chicken Burgers with Pineapple Slaw
- 1 cup matchstick Del Monte® Extra Sweet Pineapple or Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple
- 1 bag (14 oz) prepared coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup prepared coleslaw dressing
- 1 1/4 lb extra-lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp liquid mesquite smoke (optional)
- 1/2 each garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Red onion slices (optional)
- Toss together pineapple, coleslaw mix and green onions; toss with coleslaw dressing until well coated. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix together chicken, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke (if using), garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 portions; shape into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through, brushing with barbecue sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve burgers in buns with pineapple slaw and red onion slices (if using). Serve remaining pineapple slaw on the side.
- Leftover slaw can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Serve leftover slaw with pulled pork or grilled shrimp.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/