Hearty Chopped Salad with Ham and Avocado
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 Del Monte Avocado, pitted and diced
- 1½ cups diced leftover ham
- 1 cup Del Monte Bon Bon Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Del Monte Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Fill a large saucepan with 1” water and place a steamer basket inside. Bring water to a rolling boil, and use tongs to gently place eggs in steamer basket. Cover pan and steam eggs for 9 minutes.
- While eggs steam, fill a medium bowl with ice water. When eggs are done, transfer immediately to ice water to cool completely.
- Tap eggs all over on a countertop to crack shells, then peel and quarter lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine sour cream, buttermilk, dill, chives, lemon juice, and salt.
- On a serving platter, scatter romaine. Top with avocado, ham, tomatoes, cucumber, and eggs. Drizzle with dressing.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/