Del Monte® Banana Acai Pudding with Plantain Granola
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ripe Del Monte® bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ pound butter, melted
- 1 cup acai puree
- 1 ripe Del Monte® plantain
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Del Monte® banana acai pudding
- ¼ cup Del Monte® plantain granola
- ¼ cup Del Monte® blueberries
- 1 strawberry, topped and sliced lengthwise
- In a small saucepan, scald the 2/3 cup of milk with the bananas. With a hand blender, puree the milk & Del Monte® bananas together & set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in the 2/3 cups milk to form a slurry.
- Add egg and whisk together, then combine the slurry with the Del Monte® banana/milk mixture. Whisk until thickened to desired consistency.
- Whisk in butter & chill for several hours until blended. Whisk in acai puree once the pudding is completely chilled. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Using a mandolin, slice the Del Monte® plantain 1/8-inch thick then toss with the canola oil.
- Spread in a single layer on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper & bake at 3750 F for 20 minutes.
- While the Del Monte® plantain is roasting, combine all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. After the Del Monte®plantain has been in the oven for 20 minutes, add the other ingredients to the sheet tray. Toss to combine & bake for 15 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, dollop the Del Monte® banana acai pudding at the base.
- Top with the Del Monte® plantain granola, Del Monte® blueberries & sliced strawberry. Serve immediately.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/