Butternut Squash “Mac” & Cheese
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Del Monte® Butternut Squash Noodles
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup 5% light cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Melt butter in large saucepan set over medium heat. Remove 1 tbsp butter and toss with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Whisk in milk, cream, cornstarch, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Cheddar and mozzarella until melted.
- Stir in butternut squash noodles. Transfer to four greased 1-cup ramekins. Sprinkle with Parmesan and reserved bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Change up the cheese if desired; try Gruyère or Emmental for a sharper flavor.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/