Bulgur Salad with Chicken and Grapes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for dressing salad
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1¼ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup fine bulgur
- 5oz package arugula
- Olive oil
- 1½ cups Del MonteⓇ Green Grapes, halved
- 1 Del MonteⓇ Avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- In a zip-top plastic bag set inside a bowl combine lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap pound chicken breasts to no more than ¾” thick with a mallet. Transfer chicken to bag with marinade and toss to coat. Seal bag and marinate, refrigerated, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- In a medium bowl combine bulgur, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside until bulgur is tender and has absorbed the water, about 10 minutes. If there is any excess water, drain bulgur well.
- Prepare a medium-hot 2-zone grill fire, preheat a gas grill on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or heat an indoor grill or grill pan on medium heat (for a grill pan, lightly brush with vegetable oil).
- Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 160℉, then transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken rests, in a large bowl toss bulgur with arugula and olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Add grapes and toss again.
- Divide bulgur mixture among 4 bowls. Thinly slice chicken and place on top of bulgur. Garnish with avocado.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/