Grilled Shrimp w Cantaloupe Avocado Salsa
Savory sweet salsa featuring cantaloupe and avocado is the perfect complement to grilled shrimp.
- • 1 lb large or jumbo shrimp, uncooked
- • 1 T canola oil
- • 1 clove diced garlic
- • 4 bamboo skewers
- • 1 lime, divided (½ for salsa, ½ for garnish)
- • 1 Del Monte® avocado, cubed
- • 2 cups diced Del Monte MAG® melon
- • ¼ cup chopped red onions
- • 1 cup unsalted canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 1/8 tsp black pepper
- • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill.
- Slice lime in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice from one half of lime; reserve other half for garnish
- Add remaining salsa ingredients and gently mix.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Skewer shrimp on bamboo skewers.
- In a small dish mix together canola oil and garlic. Coat shrimp with oil-garlic mix.
- Grill 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- To serve, top shrimp with salsa, garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with 8 oz non-fat milk and brown rice.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/