Grilled Pear, Spinach and Red Onion Salad
- 3 Del Monte® pears, quartered with seeds removed
- 1 large Del Monte® red onion, peeled, cut into ½-inch slices, brushed with
- olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 5 oz. cleaned baby spinach
- 1 small head radicchio, halved and cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Balsamic vinegar salad dressing to taste (or simply use your favorite
- store-bought dressing)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ¼-inch strips
- Grill the pears over moderately high heat by placing them flesh side down on the grill. Once the flesh has nice grill marks (2-3 minutes), turn the pears onto the skin side and continue grilling until the pears are heated through (4-5 minutes). It may be necessary to lower the heat if they start to scorch.
- Grill the red onion slices over moderately high heat until they have nice grill marks and have started to soften (4-5 minutes).
- While the red onion and pears are still hot, transfer to a cutting board and dice.
- Toss warm red onion and pear with spinach, radicchio, walnut pieces, green onions, balsamic vinegar salad dressing, and black pepper.
- Arrange salad on individual plates and top with prosciutto. (If serving the salad in a large bowl, simply top the whole salad with prosciutto.) Serve immediately.
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/