Grilled Avocado with Mediterranean Salad
- 3 ripe Del Monte® avocados, halved with pits removed
- 1 cup diced ripe Del Monte® tomatoes
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- ½ cup diced feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Additional salt and pepper for seasoning avocados
- Additional olive oil to brush on avocados
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, red peppers, feta, vinegar, olive oil, green onion, salt, pepper and parsley. (Do not make in advance and refrigerate since this mixture should be served at room temperature.)
- Rub lemon juice on the surface of the avocado halves. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Season the avocado halves with salt and pepper.
- Brush with additional olive oil.
- Grill avocado halves flesh side down over high heat for several minutes.
- Once the flesh has deep grill marks, turn halves over, reduce heat to low and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- The avocados are done with they are hot and soft all the way through.
- Place each avocado half on a plate.
- Mound the tomato/red pepper/feta mixture on top of the avocados and serve immediately.
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://fruits.com/