Braised Chicken Thighs and Bananas
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt, black pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Del Monte® onion, chopped
- 6 Del Monte® plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter (smart balance)
- 3 firm-ripe Del Monte® bananas, cut in half and then halved lengthwise
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with lemon juice and sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, sugar, and remaining lemon juice to pan and cook, stirring, until soft. Return chicken pieces to pan, add the wine and broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat and cover pan.
- Simmer until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
- When chicken is almost done (around 40 minutes), heat butter in another skillet and sauté banana halves on both sides until golden brown.
- Use a large spatula to transfer the chicken with a little sauce onto a plate. Arrange bananas on top of the chicken and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Del Monte Fruits https://fruits.com/