Tropical Jerk Shrimp with Melon Salsa
- 15 - 20 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup jerk marinade –or- dry j seasoning with 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Del Monte® cantaloupe, finely diced
- 1 cup Del Monte® honeydew, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Del Monte® red onions, finely diced
- 1 medium lime
- In a bowl, combine shrimp and jerk marinade (if using dry rub, also use 2 tablespoons olive oil to coat). Cover, place in refrigerator, and marinate for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, combine cantaloupe, honeydew, red onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the top and mix well.
- Once the shrimp are marinated, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 – 5 mins until opaque in the center.
- Serve with melon salsa.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/