Feel free to season meat for extra flavor.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey meat
- 1 Del Monte® sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with mild chilies
- 1 cup instant brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese of your choice
- 4 large Del Monte® red peppers
- Brown meat and sauté onions in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Once cooked, drain fat.
- Return meat and onions to skillet and mix with diced tomatoes and cooked rice; cover.
- Simmer 3-5 mins and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 min.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Stuff peppers with skillet mixture. Place in a greased baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/