South of the Border Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple
- 1 Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet pineapple
- 1 ½ lbs large raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely minced Del Monte® white onion
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño
- 6-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least one hour
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for the two Tablespoons of cilantro, pineapple, and skewers.
- Let marinade in the refrigerator for one-two hours.
- Trim top and bottom of pineapple. Then, cut away the peel.
- Quarter the pineapple lengthwise and remove core from each piece. Cut quarters into three quarter inch slices (You will need approximately thirty slices which will use about half of the pineapple.).
- Thread the two pieces of pineapple and two shrimp on six-inch bamboo skewers such that there is a piece of pineapple at the end of each skewer. (The pineapple slices should be threaded through the three quarter inch part of the slice.)
- Grill skewers over high heat until the shrimp are just cooked through, about four to six minutes.
- Sprinkle with two Tablespoons of cilantro and serve immediately.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/