Banana Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 overripe Del Monte® bananas
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Dissolve yeast in a large bowl with ½ cup warm water. Add in the following ingredients: bananas, eggs, shortening, pumpkin, milk, sugars, salt and flour. Mix until smooth. Add in one more cup of flour slowly until dough becomes soft.
- Pour ½ cup flour onto a flat surface. Knead dough until it’s smooth. In a greased bowl, let rise for about an hour.
- Divide dough in half and roll each each half into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over dough.
- Begin rolling out dough along the longer side and cut each roll into 12 slices.
- Place into greased pan and let rise for about 25 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix water, butter and cinnamon. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth. Spread over warm rolls and enjoy!
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/