Nana’s Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Del Monte® red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large Del Monte® sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 ½ lbs of Del Monte® butternut squash
- ½ tsp fresh sage
- Heat oil on medium heat and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add sweet potato, butternut squash, and 4 cups of broth.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add sage and salt.
- Strain soup (keep liquid) and put whatever is left in the strainer into a food processor to puree.
- Add puree back to liquid and the 5th cup of chicken broth.
- Stir and let simmer.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/