Grilled Fruit and Brie Panini
- 1 Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet pineapple– core removed and cut into round slices
- 5 Del Monte® peaches – sliced
- 1 bag arugula
- 1 whole brie cheese – sliced
- Focaccia bread
- 6 Del Monte® Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Shallots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbl Fresh Basil
- 2/3 C Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Grill tomatoes, shallots and garlic.
- Puree all but 2 tomatoes. Add red wine vinegar and olive oil in stream and salt and pepper to taste.
- After vinaigrette is made, small dice the remaining 2 tomatoes and julienne the basil.
- Add to the vinaigrette.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Grill pineapple and peach slices. After grilling, slice pineapple rings in half.
- Slice focaccia into 4" by 4" square.
- Slice crosswise and toast on grill.
- Toss arugula in tomato vinaigrette and spread some vinaigrette on toasted bread.
- Layer grilled peach slices, grilled pineapple and sliced brie in sandwich and top with arugula.
- Press sandwich on grill with cast iron pan.
- Cook until bread is toasted and cheese begins to melt.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/