Banana Strawberry Nut Butter Crepes
A delicious mix of bananas, strawberries and nut butter is the perfect filling for whole wheat crepes. For quicker morning preparation, the crepes batter can be made the day before and refrigerated.
- 4 Del Monte® bananas
- 1 container strawberries
- Dairy/Eggs ¾ cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- Herbs/Dressings/Oils/Baking Almond butter
- Brown sugar
- Whole wheat flour
- Mix flour, salt, eggs, ¾ cup milk and canola oil in a food processor, blender or mixer untilsmooth. Place batter in a bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Clean out food processor or blender; add 2 bananas, almond butter and remaining 2 Tbsp milk; process untilsmooth. (Or mash bananas by hand and mix with almond butter and milk.) Transfer to a small bowl.
- Coat a 912” nonstick skillet (or crepe pan) with cooking spray and heat over medium flame. Ladle about 23 Tbsp of batter into skillet, then tilt pan to spread batter. Cook crepe until edges start to crisp (about 1 minute), then flip with a spatula and cook about 30 more seconds; remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed.
- Slice remaining 2 bananas and strawberries. Set strawberries aside. Melt margarine in nonstick skillet, add bananas and
- brown sugar. Stirring gently, cook about 34 minutes, until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread about 1 Tbsp banananut butter mixture on crepe, add 1/8 of banana and strawberry slices. Roll up or fold crepe.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/