Avocado and Tomato Pita Crisps
The classic combination of avocado and tomato served up on a crisp pita.
- 1 Del Monte® avocado
- 1 Del Monte® tomato
- 2 tablespoons Del Monte® onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 whole wheat pitas (6"diameter)
- Cooking Spray
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Gently mix first 8 ingredients until just combined .
- Arrange pitas on baking sheet.
- Spray each with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with chili powder and cumin.
- Broil 2 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Remove from broiler.
- Spread half the avocado mixture on each and top each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Return to broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Del Monte Fresh http://fruits.com/